Former world number one Ana Ivanovic of Serbia will return to Bali in November to defend her Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions title after receiving the first wild card for the event on Thursday.

Last year Ivanovic emerged victorious in the eight-player field, which brings together the best performers of the season from the International series of WTA tournaments.

"It almost goes without saying Bali is one of the most beautiful places on the tennis circuit - probably the best, in fact," said Ivanovic, who is currently playing the China Open in Beijing.

"I had a wonderful time there last year. Off the court I was able to relax on the beach, but on the court I played some of my best tennis and was so happy to win the title.

"It's a great thrill for me to come back and try and win the tournament again," the 24-year-old Serb added. "I remember last year we had an exciting atmosphere at each match and I'm sure it's going to be another great event."

She is in the quarterfinals at the China Open and will take the court again on Friday.

The third annual Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions is scheduled for November 3 to 6 at the Bali International Convention Centre.

Featuring top WTA players and next generation champions competing in an eight woman, single elimination singles format, it offers prize money of 600,000 U.S. dollars.

0 comments: