Ana Ivanovic
Boasting Adam Scott in her corner and a less complicated game plan, Serbian starlet Ana Ivanovic believes she's on her way "back to the top".

The former world No.1 is into the third round of the Australian Open for the loss of just eight games after powering past Michaella Krajicek 6-2 6-3 today.

"I feel like I'm getting into the tournament. It's nice to get some wins and be in contention to play against top players," Ivanovic said after burying Krajicek in barely an hour at Hisense Arena.

"I enjoy playing here. The last couple matches have been really lots of fun. It's been good to also apply things I worked on in off-season.

"I really tried to pick the right ball to come in and be aggressive. That's something I worked a lot on.

"Also on my spin on my forehand, so I don't play as flat as I used to.

"It's working really well. I can sort of push opponents around the court."

The 24-year-old said new coach Nigel Sears, who linked with the 2008 runner-up and ex-French Open champion after Wimbledon last July, had given her newfound clarity and calmness on court.

Source: http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/ana-ivanovic-eyes-return-top-4693687

0 comments: