Ana Ivanovic
Former French Open winner Ana Ivanovic withdrew Tuesday from the WTA Strasbourg event with inflammation in her left wrist, her website said.

The Serb said that as the injury is not on her racquet hand, she expect to be fit for the start of the French Open on Sunday. The 2008 Roland Garros winner and former number one last played in a second-round loss a week ago in Rome.

“It’s always extra disappointing to have to withdraw while on-site at a tournament, because you’ve felt the excitement, and you’re looking forward to being part of it all,” she told her website.

“I’ve had this pain for a while now, despite physical therapy. My doctor has told me to rest it completely for a few days, and I’m having treatment twice a day.

“Considering that it is not my racquet hand, I can still practise, but backhands are out of the question for the next few days. I expect to be fit for Roland Garros.”

0 comments: